Our plans for a conference this year
In ordinary circumstances we would be looking to launch our plans for an Autumn conference in early summer. Due to COVID-19 we are having to both wait and to consider alternative delivery methods.
We are working with our conference partner Landor Links to review the location, the timing and most importantly the format of this years conference. At this stage it is still our intention to host a conference in late November or early December in central Manchester. We have established a small working group of BRTuk board members and representatives from Landor Links to review best practice and emerging government guidance on a monthly basis. Key considerations will include but not be limited to;
- Capacity/social distancing measures
- Accessibility (given restrictions on public transport use)
- Attendance online or virtually
- The viability of any proposed technical visit or walking tour
- Networking opportunities
- Affordability/pricing noting the financial challenges many partners are experiencing
The programme, speakers and other conference content is a work in progress but if our members or would be attendees have any ideas please feel free to contact the BRTuk secretary firstname.lastname@example.org so we can take them on board.
Thank you to all our members and other colleagues for bearing with us during this challenging times.